Friday, March 19, 2010

Dear Nicole

TeenDiariesOnline.com is a site dedicated to everything for the teenage girl. From music, fashion, and advice, it’s no wonder that we found this site to be a girl’s true sanctuary. Within the site there is an anonymous advice column called Dear Nicole. It’s a place where you can reach out for a bit of advice or a little direction. We all know life has its little (or maybe huge) complications. That is why we here at BFF decided to team up with TD to present you with, “Dear Nicole”:

Dear Nicole,
Need some advice on asking my 'rents to go on a date with my BF. I'm scared. Every time I go to ask and we end up NOT getting together, he gets really disappointed. I don't want to loose him, so can you please give me some advice on how to handle this. Thanks :)

A: I suggest you start by setting the mood. Talk to your parents when they’re chilling out and in a good mood. Let them know that you really want to talk to them about something very important to you. Use ‘I’ statements like, “I believe I have shown you that you can trust, so I wanted to talk to you about maybe going out on a date”. Be prepared with examples of how you’ve earned their trust. Be willing to compromise and suggest a group date and definitely make sure you reassure your parents by suggesting a meeting between them and your bf first. If your parents seem very resistant, back off for a minute. Now as far as your boyfriend is concerned…I hope he can be a bit more understanding. The last thing you need to add to this equation is stress over losing him.  Hope this helps! – Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

# #