Monday, June 28, 2010

On the Radar: Going Green

Lately, the BP oil spill has been on the forefront of everyone's minds. With images of oil-plagued beaches and helpless sea animals all around us, it's hard not to ask: what can I do to help the environment? Unfortunately, jumping the first flight to Louisiana to participate in the relief efforts simply isn't an option for many of us. So what's a girl to do?

The most important thing to remember is that even small changes can make a HUGE difference! Some simple ideas include purchasing reusable grocery bags, unplugging your phone charger when you are not using it, and turning off the water when brushing your teeth. We decided to share some of our personal environment-saving efforts with you:

Megan: I always save my shopping bags so I can reuse them as trash can liners. I haven't bought actual trash bags in years! I also bought black-out curtains that I use during the summer. Whenever I leave my apartment, I close the curtains to block out all sunlight. This greatly reduces my need for air conditioning and alleviates my energy bill each month!

Danielle: I am big on saving the environment and conserving energy. Some of my efforts are I always shut off my lights when leaving the house, unplug all electronics when not using, and I try to reuse water bottles whenever I can.

We'd love to hear about your methods to "go green". And, as always, don't forget to involve your BFF in your efforts to save our planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

# #