Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dear Nicole

TeenDiariesOnline.com is a site dedicated to everything for the teenage girl. From music, fashion, and advice, it’s no wonder that we found this site to be a girl’s true sanctuary. Within the site there is an anonymous advice column called Dear Nicole. It’s a place where you can reach out for a bit of advice or a little direction. We all know life has its little (or maybe huge) complications. That is why we here at BFF decided to team up with TD to present you with, “Dear Nicole”:
 
Dear Nicole,

I'm a teenager and I REALLY want to make my dreams come true. I want to be an actress. I find that very hard in Michigan. Everyone is telling me that I need an agent, but I have no idea how to find one. My family doesn't support my dreams, and basically laughs in my face when I ask them to help me out some. I'm just a kid. I know my dreams are far fetched, but I'm not going to give up easily. I really want this to happen. If you have any advice at all, that would be a lot.

A: First and foremost, don’t let anyone put a damper on your dreams. And I mean NO ONE…including your family. With that in mind, unless you have acting experience under your belt, I would start with that. Try getting into a local acting troop or join the drama club in your school. Get into a few productions and then go for the agent. It will be important to have experience under your belt so that your agent can try to sell you. Speak to your drama teacher at school about your plans and see if they can point you in the right direction or empower you to make the next step. Hope this helps and DON’T GIVE UP!!
 
Nicole

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

# #