Friday, October 9, 2009

Fashion Fridays!

BFF Episode 10 contestant, Ariana, thought it be best to give you her awesome ideas on Fall Fashion. Check them out and drop a comment below to let us know what you think!:

Fall is now upon us, and as far as fashion goes, its one if the best times of year. We now have so many more options when it comes to getting dressed because we don’t have to deal with the heat and humidity of summer and the snowy, cold of winter. A lot of fall trends remain relatively the same over the years, with each year adding its own twist. In this blog, I’ll lay out some of the basics and also some things that are specific to fall of ’09.

Let’s start with what’s always rad in fall.

Leather is badass, plain and simple. You don’t want to go overboard with too many pieces, but a jacket is definitely a key item. I’m actually still in search of my perfect leather jacket, but I’ve been dying for one for years. The motorcycle style is really good right now, but anything that suits you individually is really where it’s at.

I’m always into high-waisted things, regardless of season. I have shorts, skirts, jeans, dresses, and pants that are high and really emphasize the waist – always flattering if done right. It’s especially nice when you want to feel feminine but its too cold to show some leg; it will really accentuate or create an hourglass for you.

The color purple is always amazing on pretty much everyone, but it’s the perfect color for fall because you can do bright for a punch of color, or a more muted tone just to add to your fall color palette. It looks great with really any neutral and most other colors. I’m obsessed with it. My nails are purple as I type this. Secret that you may already know: for green eyed ladies (like myself) wearing purple anywhere near your face will make your eyes look sick (in a good way) because it’s the opposite of green on the color wheel. Yall remember that from art class right? If not, just go with me on this and I’ll prove you right ;o)

So for a few things sort of specific to this year, I’ll start with the brights. We have seen a comeback of the neon, day-glo trend, but for fall it leans a little more towards sophistication than shock factor. Bright sneaks are really awesome, as well as accessories, but when it comes to buying say an evening dress, stick with a bright that doesn’t feel like it could be a traffic cone. Fuchsia, magenta, turquoise, etc. are examples. I hope I’m making sense. If not, leave me a really mean comment.

Menswear is huge right now. I couldn’t live without my blazer. The difference between a menswear inspired piece and a regular one is the size proportions. Menswear trend blazer would be a little longer on bottom, and it makes the point if you roll up your sleeves to reveal a kickass lining. You don’t want to be wearing some lame suit jacket; it won’t translate.

Three things: zippers, studs, and sequins. That pretty much covers that!

I don’t want to type your eyes off, so I’ll leave accessories until some other time, but I think this will definitely get you started if you were having doubts. If you read this all the way through, lets be BFFs. I’ll cheat on Sean with you, or hey lets just all be friends. ;o)

xx

ariana

You can catch Ariana AND a brand new episode of BFF @ : MySpace.com/BFF


;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Job A!!! I wanted to keep reading and reading...when are we going to Benny's????


Best,
Zoe

Post a Comment

# #