Thursday, September 24, 2009

Weekend Guide

Today's post comes from special guest, Melissa Klein, a contributor for Celebrations.com. Her idea is something we're sure all of you fashionistas would LOVE, and it's still budget friendly so you won't have to break the bank! Check it out yourselves:

Sex & the City Move In Celebration!

This past May my best friend Leora and I graduated college. A few months later she’s just started a great job and landed herself a gorgeous NYC apartment, while I’ve decided to finish up my schooling all together and go for my Master’s. With all the hard work we’ve been doing, I realized how little down time we have to enjoy each other’s company.

My biffle and I need a break from the hustle and bustle of adult living, so I decided that this weekend, work can wait while we take advantage of her new pad and host a apartment warming cocktail party. I’m inviting a few of our closest friends for finger foods galore, delicious girly drinks and a date with the 4 best gal pals ever - Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte.

This weekend’s bash takes its inspiration from mine and my BFF’s favorite TV show - Sex and the City! We’re anticipating the sequel to last year’s hit movie and I thought, what better way to unwind than with our favorite fictional gal pals?

Celebrations.com has an awesome article that offers drink recipes based off the show’s characters. From the classic cosmo to a chocolatini inspired by Charlotte, there’s something for everyone. We’re kicking back and playing the show’s trivia game as we sip our cocktails. The night ends with the Sex & the City movie and a sweet treat! I’m whippin’ up some pink lemonade cupcakes we can indulge in as we watch the girls on the big screen.

A girls night with the biffle never needs a reason, so this weekend host a similar bash with your friends.

Tidbits on Melissa : A native New Yorker and aspiring writer, Melissa currently attends Pace University where she is working towards her Masters degree in Publishing. When she isn't at school, Melissa enjoys cooking for friends and family, hosting parties for any reason, and dancing the night away. For more articles by Melissa, visit her: Profile.

PSST, and don't forget a new episode of BFF will be airing LIVE tomorrow @ MySpace.com/BFF

;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is such a good idea. Especially if Big joins the festivities

Post a Comment

# #