Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dear Nicole ...

TeenDiariesOnline.com is a site dedicated to everything for the teenage girl. From music, fashion, and advice, it’s no wonder that we found this site to be a girl’s true sanctuary. Within the site there is an anonymous advice column called Dear Nicole. It’s a place where you can reach out for a bit of advice or a little direction. We all know life has its little (or maybe huge) complications. That is why we here at BFF decided to team up with TD to present you with, “Dear Nicole”:

Dear Nicole,

I want to be more social. That has been my goal for a long time because I've been quiet for years in school. I'm in high school right now, and I feel as thought I'm confident in being beautiful, smart, and successful, but I can't figure out why I'm so quiet. HELP!

A. One thing I had to learn in life is that it’s perfectly okay to be me. For example, I’m pretty quiet too. I don’t go to many parties or clubs. I love to be outside doing things most girls my age don’t like to do like fishing, hiking, swimming, horseback riding, etc. For the longest time, I used to beat myself up for not wanting to rush to the next Jay Z concert but guess what ~ that is who I am. Those are my interests and that is OKAY. I say that to emphasize to you that it’s OKAY to be quiet. It sounds like you know that you are Beautiful, Smart and Successful and that’s all that matters. Some of the most profound and interesting people don’t speak a lot. But when they do speak, its something poetic and amazing. Maybe that’s you. If you are still interested in getting out there a bit more, join a few social clubs at school and start there. That is a good way to speak up a bit more and meet some pretty interesting people. Hope this helps!

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

# #