Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Dear Nicole

TeenDiariesOnline.com is a site dedicated to everything for the teenage girl. From music, fashion, and advice, it’s no wonder that we found this site to be a girl’s true sanctuary. Within the site there is an anonymous advice column called Dear Nicole. It’s a place where you can reach out for a bit of advice or a little direction. We all know life has its little (or maybe huge) complications. That is why we here at BFF decided to team up with TD to present you with, “Dear Nicole”:
 

Dear Nicole,


My boyfriend and I have been dating for 15 months. My cousin lied and said that he snuck over the weekend my parents were at the beach, and that is NOT true. My parents now forbid me to see him. I didn't do anything wrong and since all of this happened, they treat me terribly. They treat me like I'm invisible and I'm a nobody. I'm 16. What do I do?


A. I would start with talking to my cousin about the lie. See if you can get your cousin to admit to your parents that they lied. Then try to talk to your parents about the situation and what you can do to earn their trust again, especially since the infraction they are concerned about didn’t even happen. Also let your parents know that you’ve been feeling invisible and like a ‘nobody’. If you don’t go to the heart of the problem (your parents) it will not be resolved. Hope this helps!
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

# #