Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dear Nicole

TeenDiariesOnline.com is a site dedicated to everything for the teenage girl. From music, fashion, and advice, it’s no wonder that we found this site to be a girl’s true sanctuary. Within the site there is an anonymous advice column called Dear Nicole. It’s a place where you can reach out for a bit of advice or a little direction. We all know life has its little (or maybe huge) complications. That is why we here at BFF decided to team up with TD to present you with, “Dear Nicole”:

Dear Nicole,


One of my friends has been constantly telling me that I've changed in a bad way. I've asked many other people if I have, and they all say NO! This friend has also said that my BFF and I aren't meant to be BFFs, which ticks me off a lot. Now she's saying I have to sacrifice my friendship with 5 people in order to have her accept me. She believes that I am a bad person because of those 5 people I hang out with, which I don't think is right at all. Many people have said that they like me more this year than last. She is the only person telling me bad stuff. What should I do?


A: Sounds like you may be dealing with a frenemy more than a friend. I would go with what most people are saying, especially your close friends and family. Sometimes negative and even jealous people come into our lives. They stunt our growth with the mean things they say and do. Don’t let this happen to you. Now, if she has a point and there are some things you feel you may need to improve on, fine. But sacrificing friends for her to “accept” you is ridiculous. What will she need to maintain your friendship next… your blood? That is not how friendships are formed and that is not what friends do. Be honest and upfront with her about how she is making you feel, and then leave it alone. Not everyone is healthy enough to sit in the front row of your life. Maybe she needs a ‘parking lot’ position. In other words, either she shapes up or ships out! Hope this helps!

Nicole

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

# #